Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Loss

Today I was reminded by an extremely tragic situation, how short our life is here on Earth. We are not guaranteed a tomorrow, a next week, or even a next year and we are not promised we will live a life without difficult times and escape from tragedy. However, if we go through these difficult times and tragedy while knowing God, we can react to them with a different perspective and with a strength that is not our own. He tells us the He can be "our refuge and strength, and ever-present help in times of trouble." He is bigger than all the problems that can hit us, and we are not left alone to deal with them.

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment