Thursday, March 18, 2010

All's Fair In Love and Shoes

I'm convinced that the person who created the Heineken commercial, you know the one where the girls go running into the walk in closet and scream-only to be trumped by the yells of the men and their beer heaven, took that straight from my dreams. No, not because of my love for Dutch beer. But for all that space for pumps, flats, slingbacks, flat boots, heeled boots, riding boots, cowboy boots, gladiator sandals, heels, peep toes...I'm already drooling. Every woman loves a good shoe. However, I think there are only a few females that belong in an elite club. Those whose thoughts of shoes dominates their shopping experience. We know who we are. I have been lucky enough to meet a man who loves shoes just as much. But don't be mistaken, he would much rather have the beer cave than a walk in closet. It just creates a harmonious understanding when I do come home with a new box filled with 5 inches of glorious satin and straps.

I remember as a kid I looked forward to Friday nights. It meant TGIF and a bowl of ice cream. Sigh. Uncle Jesse and the Tanner Family. The anticipation would build during the week and I started to loathe every other day of the week, until Friday came. It made me, we just won the super bowl-we're going to Disneyland, excited. New shoes are my Friday nights. That explains why my wedding shoes are nothing less than special to me. Not to mention they are just flat out spectacular. Josh bought me these shoes about a month into our relationship. We knew by then that we would eventually get married, so I did not put them on other to try them for size. I vowed that day that they were going to be my something new and something blue. They are also going to remind me how far Joshua and I have come and how much we've grown in such a short amount of time. As I slip my foot into the right one, I will feel the excitement and butterflies I felt when he gave them to me. As I slip into the left one, I will feel the love, care and respect he showed that day. Tom Hanks, in Forest Gump said "Mama always said you could tell an awful lot about a person by the kind of shoes they wear." And his Mama was right! So Mama would say that Josh and I were the kind of people who love, who are sentimental, and who take nothing for granted. To say that I love these shoes would be an understatement, and I cannot wait to put them on!


No comments:

Post a Comment